Dear Grape Juice,
This is our detective log. I want to be clear that we need to be completely serious about this. This is all time I could be spending studying for the S.A.T. or doing extracurricular projects.
Anyway, here is all of the information we have about “G” so far:
1. Leaves weird notes in the first desk from the right in the second row of room 401 in the junior wing.
2. The notes are usually about things that are gross
3. We don’t know if G is a guy or a girl
4. We don’t know what year G is
5. I get the notes and you don’t
I think we should work with the fifth thing right now. I sit in that desk 4th period for math. When do you sit there?
– Vivian, P.I.
P.S. I thought about your idea for passing this detective log between our lockers but I really don’t feel comfortable giving you my locker combination. Nothing personal. Is it okay if we just keep it in yours?
P.P.S. I got the feeling you wanted to remain anonymous but you realize that I now know you have a locker in the sophomore wing, right?